The 12 best homemade laxative


The 12 best homemade laxative

To promote intestinal transit, it is recommended to drink hot water on an empty stomach. The kiwi, besides being one of the most abundant fruits in vitamin C, also favors evacuation.

homemade laxative
homemade laxative

The constipation is a prevalent and embarrassing disease that is caused by poor lifestyle, poor nutrition, medications, and problems with the digestive system. Most people may suffer some temporary constipation, but some people are continually suffering from it. You can use different natural foods that work like laxatives to solve this ailment quickly and easily.


Bananas are great allies that regulate digestive functions and relieve constipation thanks to their high fiber content. Eating a banana a day helps restore the valuable electrolytes that the intestinal tract needs so much.

Cider vinegar

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, calcium, pectin, ash, and acetic acid, which stimulate the intestines to facilitate their motility and function. It is recommended to add three spoonfuls of cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach.


Plums are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin A, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber. They are known by all for their natural laxative properties, because they bring beneficial bacteria to the intestines, which stimulate their motility, thus improving the digestion.

Aloe vera

Aloe vera is known worldwide for all its benefits on our health, both physically and internally. Aloe vera crystal is 99% water, and the remaining 1% contains at least 75 known nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc.

Drinking aloe vera juice daily is ideal for relieving constipation. For that, it is enough to mix the crystal of aloe vera with a little water and honey, or then, you can incorporate the crystal of aloe vera with a natural juice.

The dried fruit

All dried fruits are rich in fiber and oils that make these foods efficient natural laxatives. Adding dried fruit to your diet is an ideal way to avoid constipation and keep intestines in good working order.

Green tea

Among all the benefits that green tea has is the property of natural laxatives. Indeed, it stimulates bacteria that are beneficial to the intestines, thus participating in the regulation of their functions and proper digestion. To treat constipation, it is recommended to drink a cup of green tea before going to bed, and in the morning when you wake up.

You should not consume too much green tea because it can cause side effects on the body, especially on the digestive system.

The water

Water can act as a powerful laxative if it is consumed in large amounts during the day. The water softens the stools, facilitates their evacuation, and also stimulates intestinal transit. It is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water a day, especially in the morning.

Coconut oil

Consuming coconut oil promotes digestion and intestinal function. Its properties make this oil an excellent soothing for the pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids. Also, it helps reduce inflammation and stimulate the digestive system.

Whole grains

Fiber is food that helps cleanse the bowels and stimulate their function. Whole grains are rich in fiber, so if we incorporate them into our diet, we can fight constipation naturally and healthily.

Dry vegetables

Like cereals and fruits, pulses have a high fiber content, which allows them to promote digestion. Adding pulses to your diet can have beneficial laxative effects to relieve constipation. However, if you suffer from colitis, it is advisable to consult your doctor before consuming this type of food, as they can also cause adverse effects on the intestines.

The Kiwi

The kiwi can efficiently stimulate intestinal motility and its functions. To relieve constipation, it is recommended to eat kiwis fasting for a week; you will get results very quickly.

Cayenne pepper

Cayenne pepper has properties that promote the digestive tract, increasing the flow of production of enzymes and gastric juices. Adding it to your diet is ideal for fighting constipation and keeping bowels in good working order.

You may also be interested in: colace side effects and indications

- Advertisement -

Comments are closed.