Improve your digestive comfort!: The stomach gargoyles, the belt tightens at the waist, it feels heavy and bloated after each meal. Sometimes it is worse: embarrassment turns into a real stomach ache. Why not take the right resolution to improve its digestive comfort?
Bloating, heartburn, flatulence, constipation or diarrhea, these stomach pangs compromise our well-being. It is enough to adopt a few simple reflexes on a daily basis.
Hunting enemy foods from digestion
Start by limiting the intake of foods that may disrupt your digestion.
- Fatty foods (meats, cheeses, dishes in sauce, pastries …), very spicy or vinegar complicate and slow digestion;
- Foods that ferment (cabbage, onions, artichokes, white beans …) and sweet foods can cause bloating and flatulence;
- Starchy and farinaceous (potatoes, rice, pasta …) in too much quantity tend to constipate;
- Alcohol is not recommended;
- Chewing gums can also help digestive disorders.
More fiber and probiotics for better transit
Be sure to eat at least 30 g of fiber per day as they play the role of the motor in digestion. You will find them only in plants:
- In fruits and vegetables, eat with the skin if possible, cooked if your intestines are too fragile. The star all kinds of fiber material: prune;
- In cereals (to sound ideal) and legumes (peas, lentils …);
To quickly reach your “fiber quota”: replace the morning fruit juice with whole fruit and white bread with wholemeal bread. Be careful not to overdo it; excess fiber can irritate the digestive system.
You can, if necessary (after the holidays for example), use simple and efficient tricks:
- The herbal teas, infusions and dietary supplements herbal known for their digestive properties: fennel, anise, mint, licorice, coriander, cumin, dandelion, burdock, star anise, lemon balm, black currant.
- The organic carbon (granules or capsules) helps reduce excess air in the stomach, during the quiet clay stomach acid.
- The mineral water rich in bicarbonate.
- Certain probiotics (Bifidobacterium animals DN-173 010, Lactobacillus delbrueckii bulgaricus, Streptococcus salivarius thermophilus …) promote safe transit by acting on the intestinal flora. They are present, for example, in yogurts, fermented milk, certain soy derivatives … They also exist in the form of food supplements.
- The alternative medicine: aromatherapy, reflexology, acupuncture, shiatsu, yoga …
A healthy lifestyle for digestion
Digestive comfort requires a healthy way of life.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day. The simplest way to succeed: drink when thirst is felt. It is useless to refrain from drinking water during meals, which leads most of the time to dehydration;
- Eat three meals a day, at regular times, sitting and in peace if possible for at least 20 minutes;
- Take the time to chew before swallowing;
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that compresses the stomach;
- Limit the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin;
- Perform regular physical activity;
- Reduce tobacco consumption;
- Manage stress.
By following these tips, you will forget the problems of digestion!