What are the best natural laxatives
Are you suffering from constipation? we will make you discover which are the best natural laxatives whether it is ingredients or herbal medicines. When intestinal transit does not work correctly, it is normal for you to experience discomfort and intense pain in the abdomen, and it is swollen. To treat yourself, you can rely on traditional medicine and prescribe a laxative to get better or, if you prefer, opt for other home remedies that will also allow you to sanitize your body in a natural way.
The laxative fruits
The fruits are among the best natural laxatives. However, not all are equal, and some are especially indicated to treat this condition and improve the intestinal transit. We will let you discover the three best fruits to relieve constipation, but for a complete list, we invite you to read our Fruit Articles to fight constipation.
- Banana: this fruit is full of essential fiber and nutrients that will help you fight against constipation. Fiber helps regulate intestinal transit and cleanse the body naturally. Moreover, the banana is rich in potassium, a nutrient that restores the electrolytes present in the intestine and, consequently, improves its functioning.
- Kiwifruit: it is one of the best fruits to fight against constipation because it contains much fiber but also has a high content of actinide, an enzyme to improve digestion and prevent gas formation. If you take a kiwi every morning on an empty stomach, you will see that everything will be better when you go to the bathroom.
- The apple: with a very high content of pectin, a component that can stimulate the intestines, it improves intestinal transit. Also, it is also rich in fiber which allows it to be much more efficient. Eat an apple a day, and you will see the difference.
The laxative vegetables
Besides fruits, vegetables are also often high in fiber, and they will, therefore, help you regulate your intestinal transit and treat constipation in a natural way. In the same way, many vegetables can have laxative effects. We are going to let you discover the three most useful vegetables. However, we invite you to read our article on Vegetables that help to treat constipation, if you want to go deeper.
- Artichoke: rich in mucilage and inulin, two substances that combat constipation while stimulating the muscles of the intestine. In this way, the intestinal transit improves and, therefore, you will feel better at the toilet. You can consume it in several ways: in some dishes or, if you prefer, in the form of tea.
- Broccoli and cabbage: these two plants increase the glucosinolates, substances that stimulate the enzyme production by the liver and which will help you to go more regularly to the toilet. Thanks to their fiber intake, these two nutrients make it possible to soften the stools and to go to the toilets more often.
- Carrots: they can fill up soluble fiber and regulate your intestinal transit. We advise you to incorporate it into some dishes or to take in snacks during the day.
Natural products to combat constipation
In addition to your diet, you can use natural products whose substances will allow you to promote transit. For example, aloe vera is one of those herbs that have many benefits and are an excellent natural laxative. Its laxative properties allow regulating the intestinal transit and an easier evacuation of the stools. On everything, you can find out more about the many benefits of aloe vera juice.
The flax seeds also help to fight against constipation because, thanks to their rich content of fiber that help regulate intestinal transit but also to regenerate the intestinal flora and prevent fat from being absorbed by the intestine. To make the most of these properties, we recommend that you prepare an infusion with these seeds and simply take them on awakening, on an empty stomach.
The chamomile also part of the best teas in the fight against constipation because it will help relieve the pain that you can feel in strength not regularly go to the toilet, and you will also evacuate accumulated gas. In this way, your belly swelling will decrease, and you will feel better in no time.
How to prevent constipation
If you suffer from constipation, in addition to taking these natural laxatives as we have just indicated, drink more water, at least 2 liters per day, and this way you will hydrate your digestive system, and You will promote mobility of the stool in the intestine.
Also, we recommend that you establish a routine when you go to the toilet to get your body to clean at certain times. Especially do not wait too long before going to the bathroom because otherwise, constipation could cause stomach pain. Try to accustom your body to some routines when you go to the bathroom.
Physical exercise also contributes to the improvement of intestinal transit because it keeps your body in optimum health, oxygenates the cells, circulates blood throughout the body and, Improve the functioning of your organs. Therefore, practicing physical activity 3-4 days a week has visible positive effects on your physique and your body.