What to eat in case of constipation
Having a slow intestinal transit is often the result of a diet low in fiber, a low ingestion of fluids, a sedentary lifestyle … which causes constipation. If you are often constipated, it is time to review your diet and incorporate proper foods that will help you prevent this situation.
Want to know what they are? On mentinah.com we give you some examples of foods against constipation.
What fruits against constipation?
There are several ways to prevent constipation, and changes in diet are fundamental to achieving it. Because of their high intake of fiber, fresh fruits are beneficial foods against constipation.
All the fruits are favorable, but those that bring the most fiber are:
- Kiwi, which because of its pips favors deposition by causing stomach waste.
- The fruits of the woods like strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- The ripe banana.
- The orange, which in addition to the fibers brings a good amount of liquid, necessary for proper functioning of the intestine.
- The grenade, also very effective.
- Prunes and raisins are also recommended.
What vegetables against constipation?
Just like fruits, vegetables offer an important fiber intake, useful to regulate the intestinal transit effectively. If you have a diet low in vegetables, it is almost sure that you will frequently suffer from constipation, so we recommend the following foods:
- Dried vegetables such as lentils, beans, chickpeas, soybeans or beans, prepared preferably without added fat or sausages and accompanied by fresh vegetables.
- Vegetables with green leaves such as spinach, chard, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- The corn
- The cooked carrot.
- In general, all vegetables are healthy foods against constipation.
What dried fruits for constipation?
The dried fruits contain fiber and essential oils that will help you fight in simple constipation, a handful a day is enough to give you good effects. You can add them to your meals in your salads, dishes in sauce, soups, and desserts.
Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, and dried fruits such as raisins, prunes or dried figs are great allies to fight against slow bowel movement.
Cereals against constipation
The cereals and wholemeal flours must also be present in your diet, what foods are good for constipation because they promote bowel movement. Thus, we recommend consuming:
- Bread, dough, biscuits and whole rice.
- Oats, you can discover the best ways to eat them here.
- Flax seeds.
- Other cereals.
Water to fight against constipation
Without a degree of fluid per day, it is tough for the intestine to work properly. Drink at least 2 liters of fluid per day, counting water, watery fruits and infusions.