Constipation: The Best Natural Remedies
To combat constipation, several home remedies exist. Discover the 15 best natural remedies for constipation. However, if it lasts more than three days, consult a doctor immediately.
Constipation: causes, symptoms and natural remedies
Constipation is defined by a slowing of the transit, associated with a dehydration of the stools, and by a difficulty to evacuate the feces. Fortunately, there are effective natural remedies to cure it and relieve it.
Constipation is often due to poor lifestyle: a diet low in fiber, fluid, lack of exercise, stress and even reluctance to go to the saddle.
Thus, anyone who leaves their home for the whole day, often rushing in the morning, may suffer from constipation.
Taking certain medications can also promote constipation, especially in the case of anxiolytics, cough sedatives and anti-inflammatories. Finally, the risk is higher in women, especially during hormonal changes occurring during pregnancy or menopause.
The main symptoms of constipation include rare and hard stools, difficult defecation, and bloating and gas. If these symptoms persist for at least four consecutive days, it is best to consult your doctor.
The best natural remedies for relieving and curing constipation
One of the best natural remedies for constipation is first to drink enough water and consume enough fiber every day.
Another useful home remedy helps to combat constipation by softening the stool with 1 tbsp. Of olive oil on an empty stomach every morning.
The fecal bowl can also be increased by mixing 1 to 3 tablespoons. Of its ground to the food.
Here are other herbs, foods and natural remedies that you can consume if you are suffering from constipation:
- Lin (ground seeds): 1 tablespoon. 2 or 3 times a day, with a glass of water, apart from meals.
- Psyllium, ispaghul (seeds): 1 or 2 tablespoons. To take with a glass of water at night.
- Sterculia (gum): 10 g of granules per day.
- Konjac (root): 1 capsule to 250 mg of powder three times a day.
Note that Senna, buckwheat, cascara, cassia, tamarind, rhubarb are also natural remedies used for their laxative effect. However, these are plants irritating to the intestine, and therefore quite discouraged repeatedly.
Health tips and natural remedies for constipation
- Drink plenty: at least 2 liters of water per day.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat more dietary fiber (cooked vegetables, fruits, whole grain bread and wholemeal …).
- Do not delay the time to go to the saddle and go there regularly, even without envy.