Feeding in case of constipation
Whether it is temporary or permanent, this transit disorder affects one in five people. Beyond the discomfort it generates, it can lead to complications and should, therefore, be taken seriously.
Constipation is a difficulty in removing stools. It results either in need to go to the saddle without result (spasmodic constipation), or by the lack of desire to go to the seat (atonic constipation), and is accompanied by pain, heaviness, bloating. Constipation is considered when the stool frequency is less than 3 per week.
The factors are many and often combine sedentary lifestyle, low fiber diet, dehydration, lifestyle changes, stress, taking medication (antidepressants, antiallergic, neuroleptic …), pregnancy, menopause, smoking cessation.
If there are punctually effective treatments, such as laxatives, phytotherapy, homeopathy, food supplements …, only the adoption of hygiene-dietetic rules can combat it in the long term. In addition to physical activity, some dietary changes are required.
Consuming fiber facilitates transit
By increasing the food bolus, the fibers are essential for transit. There are two types: solubles (vegetables and fruits), well tolerated by the intestines; The insoluble (complete cereals), harder to endure (flatulence, colitis …). The best way is to associate them.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables at each meal: raw or cooked, mixed or whole, it does not matter: the best is to do according to its intestinal tolerance. The most efficient vegetables for transit are spinach, carrots, salsify, asparagus, green salad, cabbages. On the fruit side, it is the kiwi, the pear, the melon and the compotes.
- Dried fruits and vegetables: unusually high in fiber, dried vegetables (flageolets, dried beans, lentils …), dry fruits (dried apricots, prunes, raisins …) and oleaginous fruits (almonds, walnuts, Hazelnuts …) boost the transit. The idea is to consume them in small quantities.
- Complete food rather than refined: they are much more fiber rich! Then cereals, white bread is exchanged for wheat bran, wholemeal bread, whole grains (bulgur, quinoa, whole pasta, buckwheat, barley …), oat flakes, muesli.
Remember to hydrate properly
To facilitate the action of the fibers consumed, it is imperative to hydrate them. Thus, the saddle will not be too dry, and the transit will be carried out correctly. Prefer flat water, preferably rich in magnesium and sulfates to laxative virtues. The soups, rich in water and fiber, as well as herbal teas are also advisable. Coffee, tea and soft drinks are to be avoided.
The right tempo
From 1.5 to 2 liters of water are needed each day, i.e., 1 to 2 glasses to which are added foods rich in water (fruits and vegetables) during meals (not so as not to disrupt digestion) In small regular catches throughout the day.
The typical diet to improve transit
To fight against constipation, in addition to the practice of daily activity for at least 30 minutes (of walking for example), favor certain foods rather than others:
– One hot drink of your choice;
– 1 Raw or cooked fruit;
– 1 or 2 yogurts;
– Almonds/hazelnuts or rice patties puffed with almond puree or compote;
– soy, almond or rice milk.
At lunch and dinner:
– raw vegetables dressing or soup;
– meat, poultry or fish in the oven or steam;
– vegetables + whole rice or quinoa or dried vegetables;
– compote or dairy.
– dry and oil-bearing fruits.