Natural remedies for constipation
Do you spend several days without going to the bathroom? Constipation is not a disease but a symptom that can have different causes: a lack of fiber in the diet, a lack of biliary stimulation, a weakness of the body, a blockage of intestines … In this article, we are introducing several home remedies that will help you get your constipation going.
Orange juice and kiwis
If you have problems with constipation, get ready to take a natural orange juice and two kiwis every morning on an empty stomach. In addition to stimulating the elimination of bile, it will refresh your intestines and bring you fiber.
Ideal breakfast to combat constipation
Consuming porridge oats at breakfast, you help larger pain associated with constipation. Oatmeal is rich in fiber and is good for lowering cholesterol levels.
Ingredients: oatmeal (if possible beautiful and organic), water, one lemon, raisins. Optional: honey, sesame seeds, and dried apricots.
- Put in a pan a cup of oatmeal, four cups of cold water, the zest of a lemon and a handful of raisins.
- Place the pan on the fire. Bring to a boil for a few minutes while occasionally stirring until the mixture thickens (3 or 4 minutes)
- Place the mixture on a plate or a hollow dish. It is ready!
- If you wish, you can add honey to sweeten it. You can also put some sesame seeds and dried apricots cut into pieces to give it taste and color.
This breakfast is a very effective natural remedy for treating constipation. You can take it when you want, with orange juice and kiwis.
Set up a routine to go to the toilet.
If you have difficulty going to the bathroom, created the following method:
- Try to go to the bathroom each day at the same time (preferably after breakfast or after eating).
- Adopt a position suitable for your needs. Sit by slightly tilting forward and lift your legs a bit (you can do this with a footrest).
- Relax, breathe well and open the sphincters well.
- Do abdominal and respiratory exercises: inspire by opening the lungs well and exhaling by blowing. The diaphragm should push the stools in a natural way.
Integrate high-fiber foods into your diet.
It is critical to add foods that contain fiber to your diet:
- Complete cereals
- Vegetables and fruits
- Oat and wheat bran
- Plantain seeds
- Rehydrated prunes
- Sprouted wheat bread
You can massage your stomach by making circles in a clockwise direction. If you are pregnant or have severe constipation, do not massage.
Consult your doctor
All of these methods are natural and will not do you any harm, but if you spend a week without going to the bathroom, ask your doctor to prescribe a suitable treatment.