Pressure points for constipation in women: The causes of constipation may be different, but constipation in women is caused more by stress.
Women today meet the requirements of working life and family life which often causes of stress and anxiety. It is especially the accumulation of little stressors that harms and generates an imbalance in the body. Some situations cause stress major, but mostly, it is the repetition and accumulation of the stress of everyday life, work, family, children, take care of errands, chores that harm And cause an imbalance in the body.
In my practice, I have found that three issues are typical among women stressed.
- Muscle tension in the shoulders or lower back
Stress can cause unrest and disturbances that affect the colon, called in common parlance the large intestine and is involved in the transit process and disposal of which has not been absorbed and used by the organization. We distinguish the right colon or ascending colon, transverse colon, the left colon or descending colon and sigmoid colon.The reflexology complies with this provision.
The tips that follow offer the activation and stimulation of the reflex zone located in different parts of the same body s colon. Each of these steps can help you to free yourself of the problem of constipation. However, by acting together, they create a greater impact and a more favorable result if you do them separately.
The activation of the reflex zones of the colon
First, activate the reflex zones on the right side of the indicated body part and continue on the left side. The strategic reflex zones are located on:
Pressure points for constipation in women: HAND REFLECT ZONES
The right hand
Place the thumb of the left hand inside the right hand and the other fingers on the side. This provides support. You can do the circular movements in a clockwise direction with the thumb moving forward gradually.
- Make a move from right wrist on the outer pad of the hand to the upper part of the side (ascending colon)
- Cross the palm towards the area between the thumb and forefinger (transverse colon).
The left hand
Place the thumb of the right hand inside the left hand and the other fingers of the hand. Continue to make circular movements with your thumb
- From the palm between thumb and forefinger, cross the palm of the left hand (transverse colon)
- Get down on the outer cushion of the left hand up to the wrist (c descendant Colon).
- Make a turn towards the base of the left thumb (sigmoid colon).
Note : If you want to act more precisely, move up and down in a rocking motion on the tip of your thumb under the outer cushion of the hand. In this case, you activate the reflex points of the colon.
REFLEX ZONES FRONT ARM
Place the outer side of your right arm on the belly. Wrap the wrist with your left hand with the left thumb at the base of the right thumb. The other fingers are placed on the dorsal side of the hand.
- Slide your left hand towards the right elbow.
- Follow the bone from the base of the thumb on the right wrist in his right elbow (ascending colon).
- Cross the inner side of the elbow, a little below the elbow crease (transverse colon).
The left forearm
Place the outer side of your left arm on the belly.
- With the move, cross the inner aspect of the left elbow, a little below the elbow crease (transverse colon).
- Slide and follow with the right hand the bone going from the left elbow to the wrist and the base of the left thumb. (Descending colon).
The self-massage of the belly is done outside the digestion, in sitting or lying. One can also do it in a bath or the shower.
Place the palms of your hands on top of each other.
- Starting with the lower right side, slide with the palms of your hands up a wider circle clockwise.
Note:If you have someone who can do the back massage, from the surface that is opposite the abdomen, the effectiveness of the belly massage will be amplified.
THE REFLECTIVE AREAS OF THE LEGS
While sitting, place your right external ankle on the left thigh. Wrap with your left hand the right internal malleolus (the bone on the inner side of your right ankle). The right hand is placed on the knee to preserve stability.
- Start from the inside of the right ankle, climb on the tibia (the bone on the inner side of the leg) to the right knee. Move by light pressure with your palm of the left hand ( ascending colon).
- Continue with a rubbing motion to cover the inside of the right knee ( transverse colon)
The left leg
Always sit, place your left foot on your right thigh. The left hand is put on the left knee to preserve stability.
- Cover the inside of the left knee by rubbing (transverse colon).
- From left knee, go down following the shape of the tibia bone to the left medial malleolus, making a light pressure with your palm of the left hand (descending colon).
Note: If you want to act more accurately, climb and down under the shin bone in a rocking motion on the tip of your thumb. Thus, you enable the specific reflex points of the colon.
REFLEX AREAS OF FEET
Sit down, put your right outer ankle on left thigh. Place the thumb of the hand inside the leg and the other fingers under the foot.
Wrap your right ankle with your right hand.
- With the left hand, from the heel of the foot, made the motion on the outer cushion the foot to below the fleshy part of the foot (ascending colon)
- Continue the movement below the top and cross the entire width of your right foot (transverse colon).
Sit down, put your left outer ankle on the right thigh. Wrap your right ankle with your left hand.
- Continue to do the movements with the thumb below the fleshy part of the foot and cross the entire width of your left foot ( transverse colon ).
- Get down on the outer cushion of the left foot to the heel of the foot (descending colon).
- Make a turn towards the inside of your left foot (sigmoid colon).
Note: If you want to act more precisely, move up and down in a rocking motion on the tip of your thumb under the outer cushion of the foot. In this case, you activate the colon reflex points.
Add the ear massage which will contribute to cellular detoxification throughout the body.
Pressure points for constipation in women: clarification
The massage of each of the mentioned areas can help you. On the other hand, together, acting together, they create a greater result that each of them would not have been able to achieve by working independently. So for more efficiency, practice the massage on all the strategic reflex zones of the body.
These areas are used in combination with other points in the treatment.
Pressure points for constipation in women: Some details of the application
The pressure you exert activating and in stimulating the reflex zones can be very mild, or stronger and more intense. The intensity should be determined according to your sensations of discomfort.
You can activate the reflex area in different ways: the circular motion, patting, rubbing or only drop the hand or fingers. The important thing is to:
- know where the reflex zone is located,
- be aware that you are activating the reflex zone of the colon,
- Keep in mind the ultimate objective and the intention to improve the situation that bothers you (constipation)
- Listen to your intuition which will allow you to act, and you adjust to the choice of movement, pressure, time of day that suits you best to do self-massage, duration of massage, etc.
Now that you have learned how to relieve constipation, you can start using these guidelines now to get tangible results.
Take note: In no case can self-reflexology replace the advice of a physician or a consultation with a health professional.
You may also be interested in: Flaxseed for constipation: an excellent natural laxative