Acupressure for constipation: Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine that involves stimulating specific points on the body using needles (painless). Several clinical trials have shown the efficacy of acupuncture to treat functional constipation (that is, not due to a severe organic cause or medication).
The acupuncture or acupressure sessions (which consist in stimulating the acupuncture points manually) have a beneficial effect on the digestion, stimulating the intestinal motility, that is to say, the movements of the intestines.
The sessions are very relaxing, which can help evacuate the stress often responsible for digestive disorders.
Moreover, a study showed that electroacupuncture was powerful tale functional chronic constipation. In fact, not only were 30% of people treated more frequently in the bowel movement during the eight weeks of treatment than before the study began (three times a week), but more than 40% Of patients, the benefits were still present three months after the end of treatment.
Try acupressure for constipation: AUTO MASSAGES AGAINST CONSTIPATION
POOL WINDING (CROOKED POINT English)
- LOCATION: FOLD an arm and will spot the bend at the elbow. The acupressure point is at the end of the fold, near the elbow.
- BENEFITS Stimulation of this compelling position is effective against fever, constipation, and indigestion.
- MERIDIAN CONCERNED: LARGE INTESTINE
- HOW: Massage deeply acupressure point of each arm with the thumb.
UNION VALLEY (JOINING THE VALLEY HOKU or English)
- LOCATION: The acupressure point is on the DOS of the hand in the palm of CLAMP between thumb and forefinger.
- BENEFITS: Point anti-stress and anti-pain quintessential Relieves constipation the headaches, the toothache, the pain in the shoulders, neck which may be a consequence or the cause of the tension jaws. moreover, arthritis. STRONGLY DISCONTINUED FROM THE PREGNANT WOMAN.
- MERIDIAN CONCERNED BIG BOWEL
- HOW TO: Make small GESTES FLYERS until you feel the point.
THREE LEAGUES (THREE MILE POINT English) or Zu San Li
- LOCATION: On the outside of the SHIN (right and left leg), FOUR through fingers below the kneecap.
How RECOGNIZE? This is the ZONE moving when you flex the FOOT.
- BENEFITS: INCREASES the body, aids digestion and relieves stomach and intestinal disorders.
- MERIDIAN CONCERNED: STOMACH
- How to: Sit down and bend your legs. Massage deep into the affected area for a few minutes.
SEA ENERGY (SEA OF ENERGY English)
- LOCATION: A two fingers below the navel on the midline. The DAN TIAN LOWER
- BENEFITS: Relieves muscle pain abdominal, constipation. Venue Tank vital energy in the practice of all energy arts and martial arts.
- MERIDIAN CONCERNED THE SHIP DESIGN or HARA
- HOW Place the index, middle and directory of a hand along the line UNDERBELLY and press until you feel a small farm area.
Try acupressure for constipation: The course of acupuncture sessions
Acupuncture is practiced by physicians who have undergone specialized training (usually general practitioners). An acupuncture session is practiced with few needles (between 3 and 12). It should last 30 to 45 minutes to be effective.
Before the first session, the doctor conducts a serious medical examination to understand the patient better and to identify the causes of the problem.
The frequency of the sessions varies according to the severity of the disorders and the habit of the doctor. In the case of temporary constipation, two sessions are usually sufficient to solve the problem.
Above all, remember to follow the dietary measures and advice against constipation .
Good to know: if the acupuncturist is a doctor, the sessions are reimbursed by social security.
You may also be interested in: Pressure points for constipation in women